Thursday 11 January 2018

Character Design - Ninja - Lineart

Lineart Styles
I have been struggling for a while with how I wanted my Ninja to look like as I wanted to capture the essence of movement in her design, but also not to be totally abstract so her features would show up throughout the animation.
I looked into pre-existing animations such as "Thought of you - by Ryan Woodward" I liked the way in which he captured movement and fluidity and hoped I could do this with the expressive inked lines I created.



This is a quick demonstration of how I would have liked the animation to look, I used several of the lineart designs I drew from the image above and merged them to create my final look. All movements, would have been created more with the flowing ink to demonstrate movement and the stills would have been in a cleaner line style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment